This is a fantastic opportunity to join a young, fast paced and dynamic architecture and design studio who are definitely going places. They are looking for a strong all-rounder with excellent people skills, administration and multi-tasking skills to support this busy studio and Studio Manager.
As the Studio Administrator you are responsible for all matters relating to the Front of House, facilities management, health and safety and team support in the studio. You organise the day-to-day operations and maintain the heart and spirit of the studio, providing front of house support.
- Assist the team with the day to day running of the studio working autonomously with support and guidance from the Studio Director. You are keen on developing ongoing service improvements, approaching tasks and projects with a solution focused and collaborative approach.
- Act as first point of contact and ambassador for the studio
- Meet and greet clients, direct them to meeting rooms and arrange refreshments and working lunches
- Ordering of café consumables, monitoring stock levels, working within the budgets
- Keep meeting rooms and café areas tidy and well stocked, maintain high standards of appearance
- Ensure meeting rooms, the reception area and stationary areas are fully equipped with stationery and test Audio Visual equipment frequently
- Monitor and order stationery for the studio, working within the budgets
- Work with the accounts department to process invoices and receipts. Reconcile office credit card charges and purchases via invoices
- Ensure the studio and front of house is tidy, well presented, and ready for guests always
- Manage incoming and outgoing couriers and post, distribute incoming parcels and postage in a timely manner
- Arrange travel (taxis, trains, flights) when required
- Support studio activities and events, setting up and shutting down the studio, catering, drinks, security
- Support other project teams, marketing and new business development with events and occasional admin tasks
- Lead in resolving maintenance issues
- Monitor building maintenance and health and safety requirements, keep a log and arrange regular checks
- Maintain a building management plan with operational issues, costs, and risk management
- Oversee maintenance works and contractors
- Be the named person on health and safety policies, create best practice policies for the studio
- Act as Studio Fire Warden and First Aider, arrange training for the required quota of staff
- Provide ad hoc support when required including binding presentations, printing documents and document control archiving
- Oversee group email inboxs (mail, events, invoices) and distribute information and requests to the relevant project and support staff
- Maintain momentum with sustainability initiatives, such as Corporate Social and Environmental Responsibility
- Working together as a member of the support staff team to help promote effectiveness and efficiency across all aspects of the business
- Contribute to the development and running of the studio with a clear understanding of its business needs, actively developing and reinforcing studio procedures.
It’s a great role for someone looking to be the heart and soul of the studio, always happy to help and service with a smile. Ideal for someone to take ownership of their role and really bring a positive energy to the team. Great scope for the right person in a fantastic and lively creative environment. You will need some previous reception and admin experience ideally in a creative or hospitality environment. Think this could be you? Send your CV in by clicking on apply now.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.