This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced Finance Administrator to join a growing interior Design and integrated furniture solutions provider for a wide range of national and international clients that specialises in turnkey furniture-packages, home staging, show home installation and private homes. The work environment is extremely friendly with a professionally driven atmosphere. The business is rapidly growing and needs a proactive, self-starting finance operative with ambition to thrive off the consummate, all-round accounting experience that this role offers. The Finance Administrator is supported and guided by the Interim Finance Manager, who has extensive business audit and advisory experience.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Day-to-day bookkeeping including:
- Banking arrangements & on-line account management
- Finance system bank reconciliations and admin over transactional vouchers and records
- Invoicing and sales ledger credit control
- Payments and purchase ledger validation
- VAT accounting, return prep and Crown creditor liaison
- Payroll admin and Crown creditor payment management, but not payroll module calculation and
- production (external bureau used)
- Stock management and processing by use of the interfacing system
- Asset accounting and balance sheet control within the finance system (Xero)
- Expenses processing using the integrated finance system module
- Oversight and maintenance of project finance schedules
- Monthly management accounts preparation and presentation to the Management team using finance and project tracking internal systems.
- Liaison with and support to the external financial accountants for production of statutory accounts and Revenue returns.
- Development projects such as:
- Competitor analysis and pricing reviews
- Finance system functionality for efficiency and effectiveness in operations,
- Cashflow and strategic business forecasting.
Qualifications/Key Skills required for the role:
- Ideally holding entry-level finance and/ or accountancy qualifications from school, further or higher education
- Ideally proficient in finance system packages such as Xero as the business accountancy package.
- MS Word and Excel experience to a proficient level
- Good communication skills and written, verbal, listening and confident in dealing with a wide range of clients and suppliers
- Good problem-solving skills and ability to work to tight deadlines
- Must have the ability to learn on the job and adapt to change in this independent growing business
- Have outstanding organisational and time management skills
- The ability to multitask whilst maintaining a strong attention to detail
- Work collaboratively with team members to ensure the delivery of sales objectives
Holiday and benefits:
- 21 days annual leave, excluding Public holidays. Plus 2 weeks for Christmas closure,
- Pension contribution
- Annual discretionary bonus based on company performance.
This is a great opportunity for someone looking to work in a fast paced creative environment. Great team and lots of scope for development. If you think this could be the role for you then send in your CV by clicking on apply now.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.